Chairman, President and Chief Executive: James L. Hambrick
2012 Revenues: $6.1 billion
Number of employees worldwide: 7,000
Countries in which we sell: More than 100
Year Founded: 1928
Headquarters: Wickliffe, Ohio USA
Lubrizol may not be a household name, but chances are good that you’ll find Lubrizol products throughout your home…your workplace…anywhere your day takes you.
As a company, we strive to be an essential ingredient in our customer’s success through collaboration, applied science and demonstrated value.
By formulating complex chemicals at the molecular level, Lubrizol engineers and chemists develop additives, ingredients and compounds that amplify the quality and performance of other products while reducing their environmental impact. And those products cover a wide range of applications, including lubricants and fuels, metalworking fluids, performance coatings, inks, personal care and over-the-counter pharmaceutical products, computers, sports gear, high-performance apparel, even ice cream. Lubrizol customers know and value our ability to solve problems, and welcome our eagerness to make their products more marketable -- and their companies more successful.
- A technology innovator known for numerous pioneering patents and technologies
- Customer focused, with a strong and simple desire to see customers succeed
- A passion for, and commitment to, research
- Supplying and supporting global transportation, industrial and consumer markets
- Working hand-in-hand with customers, allowing Lubrizol to be a more-valuable partner at every stage of product development
- Two business segments: Lubrizol Additives and Lubrizol Advanced Materials